Latest Refinery Attack Reveals 'Absolutely No Safe Locations in Russia's Far Hinterland'

Ukrainian drones have struck Russia's oil facility in Ufa, situated around 1,400 km from the Ukrainian border, triggering detonations and a inferno, per a source in the Ukrainian SBU.

This constitutes the 3rd Ukrainian security service deep strike in Bashkortostan in the recent weeks. Such attacks show that there are no secure zones in the deep rear of the Russian Federation.

Zelenskyy Appeals to US President to Facilitate Truce in Ukraine

Volodymyr Zelenskyy appealed to the US President to facilitate a truce in the Ukrainian conflict in a call on the weekend.

"When a conflict can be halted in a single area, then surely additional conflicts can be ended as well, including the Russian aggression," the President said, praising Trump's "remarkable" Middle East peace initiative and urging the President to influence the Russian government into talks.

Russian Attacks Kill Casualties in the Country

Moscow's assaults on Ukraine killed at least several civilians on Saturday and cut power to areas of the southern Odesa region, per authorities in Ukraine.

A pair of individuals died in a place of worship in Kostyantynivka when it was struck, according to municipal sources.

In Russia's border region of Belgorod, a vehicle operator was lost his life by a attack from Ukraine, per municipal sources.

Power Restoration Operations in Kyiv

Work proceeded on Saturday to restore power in the Ukrainian capital, after Russian attacks.

Electricity had been returned to in excess of 800,000 inhabitants by the weekend and the largest utility provider stated the main operations to restore power was concluded though some outages remained.

Air Defence Operations and Drone Jamming

The Ukrainian defense forces neutralized 54 out of 78 total enemy drones launched towards the country overnight, the military said on the weekend.

Russia's military authorities stated it intercepted 42 enemy drones over its own soil.

Cuban Government Denies Allegations of Sending Forces to the War

Havana on the weekend refuted American allegations it has sent troops to participate in the Ukraine war, while affirming Cuban authorities "do not have accurate information about Cuban nationals" participating "independently" or "in the military forces of the conflicting parties".

The government department in the capital stated twenty-six Cuban citizens had been convicted to prison terms from five to 14 years for mercenary involvement since last September when reports spread of Cuban nationals being deployed to the battlefield in the conflict.

I Want to Live Project Discloses Information on Cuban Involvement

The program, a Ukrainian government project that encourages opposing fighters to lay down arms, said in spring: "We have confirmed the names and personal details of 1,028 individuals who enlisted with the Moscow's troops in recently."

The government in Havana said of Cubans who might be involved: "Undeniably that no individual has the backing, allegiance, or authorization of the Cuban authorities for their involvement."

Family members of individuals who departed to the Russian Federation in 2023 told international media at the time that their relatives had been tricked into joining through promotions on social media.

Mrs. Felicia Daniels DDS
Mrs. Felicia Daniels DDS

A seasoned gambling analyst with over a decade of experience in casino gaming and sports betting strategies.